- Eligibility:Keith Urban “We Were Us” Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal female residents of Oregon or Washington who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Employees of the Sponsor(s), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
- Void Where Prohibited:The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: KRCW, Keith Urban, Borman Entertainment and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules:By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing:The Promotion begins on June 29, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends on July 17, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- How to Enter:
- Create a Video: Entrants create a video demonstrating their singing skills to the full length of the song “We Were Us”. Participant need only to sing the female parts of the song and not Keith Urban’s. Only one (1) entrant per video submission; group submissions will not be eligible. Video must be uploaded to Dropbox link provided on Portlandscw32.com. Videos must be .mov or MP4 files. PARTICIPANTS MUST VERY CLEARLY STATE THEIR COMPLETE NAME AND PHONE NUMBER AT THE BEGINNING OF THEIR VIDEO SO IF THEIR VIDEO IS CHOSEN, KRCW WILL HAVE A WAY TO CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY.
- Submit a Video in the Promotion: Entrants may submit videos demonstrating their singing abilities to the full length of “We Were Us” (female parts only) during the Promotion Period using the Dropbox link provided on Portlandscw32.com. Videos must be .mov or MP4 files.
- Limit one Submission per entrant during the Promotion Period.
- By submitting a Video, you agree that your Submission conforms to KRCW’s Terms of Service and these Official Rules, and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the KRCW’s Terms of Service or these Official Rules.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which are disqualified.
- Judging of the Submissions:
- At the end of the Contest Period, Submissions submitted during the Contest Period that comply with these Official Rules will be judged by Portland’s CW32’s and Oregon Jamboree staff. Up to five (5) finalists will be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion and then submitted to Borman Entertainment for final judging. They will choose the sole winner.
- The Submissions will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, originality, and technical singing ability.
- License to Sponsor:Entering a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
- Prizes:One (1) winner will be chosen to sing “We Were Us” with Keith Urban during the concert along with prizing:
4 General Admission Tickets to the 2015 Oregon Jamboree valued at $600
2 Sunday Sweet Spot Passes (to stand in the pit in front of the stage) valued at $200
1 Parking Pass for the 2015 Jamboree weekend valued at $100
Chance to sing on stage with Keith Urban August 2, 2015 for one song
Backstage dinner for winner and guest
No transportation, lodging, or travel is included. Sponsor and its Agents make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, performance or safety of any prize awarded. Limit of one prize per person, household and address. No prize substitutions or cash equivalents are allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and its Agents. Prizes may not be transferred. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. If the prize includes the online posting of materials, including but not limited to photos, text, audio, video, animation, graphic art, illustration, etc., then the location and duration of such posting will be determined solely by Sponsor and its Agents. Prizes for which a minor has been selected may be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian.
TOTAL RETAIL VALUE ACROSS ALL PRIZES: $1000.00 USD.
- Notification:Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone on or about July 27, 2015. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (where lawful) within 1 day of the date of notification, in which the winner will acknowledge that the Submission is a “work for hire” and will irrevocably transfer to the Sponsor and its Agents any and all rights, title, goodwill and interest in and to the Submission, including without limitation, all copyrights, trademarks and waive all moral rights in such Submission. If the Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release is not received within 1 day of the date of notification, the prize may be forfeited (at the sole discretion of Sponsor and its Agents) and an alternate winner selected. Sponsor and its Agents reserve the right to require a potential winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity will not bring the Sponsor and its Agents into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably as determined by the Sponsor and its Agents in their sole discretion.
- Winner Requirements:All potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be determined by the Submission with the next highest score. If after two (2) attempts a Contest winner is not confirmed, the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled no later than August 2, 2015 (Date of Keith Urban concert) after the conclusion of the Contest Period. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the rights in and to the Submission including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these Official Rules.
- Release: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion. If for any reason an entrant’s Submission is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Submission. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Internet: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the contest or any portion of the contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by KRCW for marketing or promotional purposes.
- Winner List & Official Rules:Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to KRCW and Tribune Broadcasting and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the contest. To obtain the name of a winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Portland’s CW32’s Sing With Keith Urban Contest, 10255 SW Arctic Dr., Beaverton, OR 97005. Requests must be received by July 27, 2015.