I Like Comic Con Facebook Contest Official Rules
I Like Comic Con Facebook Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- SPONSOR: Tribune Broadcasting Portland, LLC, 10255 SW Arctic Drive, Beaverton, OR 97005 (“Sponsor” or “KRCW”).
- Contest Period: The Contest entry period begins at 12:00am PST on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 and ends at 11:59pm PST on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
- Contest Entry: To enter, go to the Portland’s CW Facebook page (facebook.com/portlandscw) and click on the I Like Comic Con Contest application or link. You must have a Facebook account to enter. If you don’t already have a Facebook account, visit http://www.facebook.com to create one. It is free to create an account. By clicking on the application you will be directed to the Sweepstakes entry form on which you will be required to provide all information requested, including without limitation name, telephone number, date of birth, zip code and a valid email address. Entrants may enter only once. All entries must be received no later than 11:59pm (PST) on February 7, 2018. Any entries submitted after this date and time will not be eligible. By entering, each entrant acknowledges that (i) the Sweepstakes is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and (ii) information provided is being disclosed to KRCW and not to Facebook. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Multiple entries from the same entrant will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address or account used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents residing within the KRCW viewing area in the State of Oregon, who are 18 years of age or older as of February 7, 2018. Entrants must possess valid state or government-issued identification or other proof of identity and residency, as determined by KRCW. Employees of KRCW and their parent companies, participating sponsors, employees of other television, radio stations, cable systems, networks, staff and employees of I Like Comic Con and the Clark County Event Center, and all their subsidiaries, or affiliates, and such employees’ immediate family or household members are not eligible to enter or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. KRCW, in its sole discretion, will determine the eligibility of any and all contestants.
- Winner Selection: One (1) winner will be chosen at random from all entrants on Thursday, February 8, 2018 around 9:00am PST, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Rules. The selected winner must have a valid Facebook account, email address or phone number where they can be notified, and KRCW will attempt to notify winner via that account, email address or phone number. If winner does not respond within 24 hours of KRCW’s first attempted contact, if winner is determined to be ineligible, or if winner is not in compliance with these Rules, KRCW reserves the right to disqualify the selected winner and award the prize to another entrant randomly selected from all remaining entries. All results, even if announced, are unofficial until winner is verified.
- Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: The selected winner will be subject to verification of his/her name, age and eligibility. In order to claim his or her prize, winner must appear in person at the business offices of Portland’s CW, located at 10255 SW Arctic Drive, Beaverton, OR 97005, during Station hours, Monday through Friday, 8am through 4:30pm, excluding holidays. Tickets will not be mailed or delivered. The selected winner will be required to sign KRCW’s prepared Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. If a winner is disqualified, KRCW will award the prize to another winner randomly selected from the pool of remaining entries (time permitting).
- Prize: Four (4) VIP Weekend tickets to I Like Comic Con happening February 10-11, 2018 at the Clark County Event Center, located at 17402 NE Delfel Road, Ridgefield, Washington 98642. Approximate retail value of prize: $300.00. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash for prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation, parking, souvenirs, and refreshments and any other cost not specifically included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will KRCW award more prizes than provided for in these Rules. All federal, state and local taxes on the value of the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST, AND KRCW reserves the right to seek prosecution of the offender to the fullest extent of the law.
- KRCW is not responsible and shall not be liable for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by Entrant’s participation in the Contest or Winner’s or his/her guest’s receipt or use of the Prize. All entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Tribune Broadcasting Portland, LLC, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their respective employees, representatives, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs, causes of action or claims related to the winner or guest’s participation in the Sweepstakes and receipt or the prize, including without limitation, claims for personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, emotional distress, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity or privacy. Neither the failure of KRCW to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by KRCW in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of KRCW’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
- KRCW reserves the right, if necessary, to modify Contest deadlines in its sole discretion. Any such changes will be announced and posted on KRCW’s website at www.portlandscw.com/contests.
- KRCW is not responsible for any damaged, tampered with, delayed, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, lost, forged, misaddressed, misdirected, mutilated, mass machine-generated, unintelligible, incomprehensible, or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, difficulties in Internet transmission or the functioning of the Facebook service. In addition, KRCW is not responsible for any typographical errors in these Official Rules, or any promotional materials for the Sweepstakes, or for any kind of computer, electronic, hardware, software, Internet, network, technical or telephone failures and/or problems caused by KRCW, a third party or the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, typographical, electronic, network or other error that may occur in receiving and/or processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes, or by infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure.
- These Official Rules are governed, construed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the State of Oregon, without regard to the choice of law provisions thereof.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or the name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to the Portland’s CW, ATTN: I Like Comic Con, 10255 SW Arctic Drive, Beaverton, Oregon 97005, by March 7, 2018. Rules are also available at www.portlandscw.com/contests.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.